1. Plant a tree to help the planet.
2. Rescue a pet.
3. Volunteer as a teacher’s assistant.
4. Donate sturdy shoes, thick socks and winter coats.
5. Give warm biscuits to people living on the street.
6. Start a food drive with your family and friends.
7. Donate blood, plasma, and/or platelets.
8. Join or create a support group.
9. Console someone who is grieving the loss of a loved one.
10. Help someone find a job.
11. Help clean or cover-up graffiti.
12. Volunteer as Santa or an elf.
13. Read books to children at your local library or bookstore.
14. Bring your pet to visit the elderly or disabled.
15. Donate books to the library.
16. Contact a homeless shelter to see what assistance you can provide.
View original post 225 more words